The Purchasing Manager is responsible for developing, negotiating, and executing division sourcing agreements for specific spend categories.
Ensure Lennar has the best trade partners in terms of quality, scheduling adherence / duration and pricing in order to meet its production needs.
Perform jobsite trade partner audits for quality, scheduling adherence / duration as deemed necessary by the Director of Purchasing.
Find, contract (get MTPA and proper compliant Insurance), negotiate pricing and roll out new trade partners to the division as needed to meet production needs.
Regularly travel to onsite locations to validate the quality of existing and/or new trade partners quality of work. Communicate any concerns in trade partnerships to Director of Purchasing.
Understand the material supply chain of the designated spend categories and implement material sourcing strategies to optimize the flow through the chain.
Maintain a thorough understanding of the industry for the specific major category being sourced.
Facilitate value-engineering sessions with trade partners and associates from division customers.
Proactively communicate with all applicable associates within division customers.
Benchmark industry sourcing and supply management best practices.
Develop, maintain and use should-cost models for specific spend categories and related construction services.
Constantly monitor and work to improve the division’s cost per sq foot for their specified spend categories.
Negotiate and question pricing and legitimacy of EPO’s.
Review all extra EPO’s to verify within accordance of approved take-offs, scopes of work, proper reason codes utilized, and work with Expeditor to resolve issues as they arise.
Identify areas and trends in extra EPO’s to prevent and to reduce costs.
Ensure the accuracy of all scopes of work for designated trade categories.
- College degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years sourcing and managing Supplier/Trade Partner relationships, preferably with a National Homebuilder.
- Must have superior analytical and communication skills.
- JDE/AS400 experience preferred.
- Knowledge/Experience of excel and other Microsoft office applications required.
- Must have significant knowledge of the residential homebuilding industry.
- Must have sound financial management knowledge.
- Must have sound project management capabilities.
- Must have sound negotiating skills and influencing skills.
Date Posted : 10/11/2021