Texas Health Resources
**Sign-On Bonus - $10,000.00 for all full time PCU openings**
Neuro and Stroke patients where your heart truly lies? Wanting to be part of a strong, cohesive team? Then you need to come join the Neuro Progressive Care Unit (PCU) Team at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas, a MAGNET facility!
Texas Health Dallas is located at 8200 Walnut Hill Ln, Dallas, TX 75231
SALARY RANGE: $26.50 - $50.82/hour, commensurate with working experience
SCHEDULE: Full Time Days (7A-7P) for 36 hrs./ week. Weekend and holiday requirements
The PCCU Cardiac - Neuro Telemetry Unit is a 35- bed unit in the new Hamon Tower. We specialize in the care of neurological , cardiac and spinal conditions/surgeries that includes but not limited to seizures, strokes, cervical and lumbar discectomy/fusion, craniotomies for tumor resection, and cerebral aneurysm clipping. We are the Stroke designated unit and has the capability of caring for of cardiovascular patients with conditions such Heart Failure, AMI, pre and post interventional patients (Cath and pacemakers) and Arrhythmia patients needing a higher level of care in a non-ICU setting. It is a high acuity telemetry unit that signifies a reduced nurse to patient ratio to 4-5:1 depending on acuity.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Associate Degree of Nursing required
• BSN preferred.
• One-year experience as a clinical nurse, or completion of an RN residency program
• One-year experience of PCU strongly preferred : OR Three-years of Medical/Surgical experience with one year of Telemetry
• RN must practice within the regulations of the Texas Nurse Practice Act, serve as a role model, intra/interdisciplinary collaborator and coordinator for quality patient care
• RN - Registered Nurse Upon Hire Required
• BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support (AHA)Upon Hire Required (Expiration date greater than 3 months preferred)
• ACLS - Advanced Cardiac Life Support Upon Hire Required (Expiration date greater than 3 months preferred)
• CPI-Crisis Prevention Intervention training within 60 days of hire is required
• PCCN-Progressive Care Certified Nurse is preferred
• BCMSN-Board Certified Medical-Surgical Nurse is Preferred
• CRRN Certified Rehabilitation Registered Nurse is preferred
• SCRN - Stroke Certified Registered Nurse is preferred
• The professional nurse exhibits understanding of basic human needs.
• The professional nurse demonstrates an appreciation of unique meanings by: active listening and exemplifying a non-judgmental attitude
• The professional nurse demonstrates recognition and understanding of patient's affiliations.
• Perform other duties as assigned
More About Texas Health Dallas
Texas Health Dallas is a 900-bed MAGNET-designated hospital, a Level II Major Trauma facility, the first hospital in Dallas to achieve chest pain center accreditation from the Society of Chest Pain Centers and recipient of the American Heart Association's Mission: Lifeline Silver Quality Achievement Award. We are a top-notch choice in North Texas for cancer care, cardiology, emergency medicine, neurosciences, orthopedics, senior care, women's services and a renowned Level III neonatal intensive care unit.
Texas Health Resources:
Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States and the largest in North Texas in terms of patients served.
Texas Health has 25 acute-care and short-stay hospitals that are owned, operated, joint-ventured or affiliated with the system. It has more than 3,800 licensed beds, more than 21,100 employees of fully-owned/operated facilities plus 1,400 employees of consolidated joint ventures and counts more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals. At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all who come in contact with us, be they patients or our employees. We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic and generational boundaries. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence
Texas Health Highlights:
• Fortune's list of Best Workplaces in Health Care (#1): https://fortune.com/best-workplaces-health-care/2020/
• "Best Workplaces(TM) for Diversity" by Fortune and Great Place to Work® (5 th year in row): https://fortune.com/best-workplaces-for-diversity/2019/
• Great Place to Work's Best Workplaces in Texas™ 2020: https://www.greatplacetowork.com/best-workplaces/texas/2020?category=large
• 2019 Texan by Nature 20 (TxN 20): https://texanbynature.org/txn20/
• Platinum-level recognition in the 2019 "Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles®" awards, sponsored by the National Business Group on Health (eleventh year to appear on the list and fourth year to receive the Platinum award)
• A 2019 Gold Level Workplace Health Achievement Award by the American Heart Association (4 th year in a row)
• Largest Blue Zones® Project Approved™ Worksite in the nation (2016)
Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits , Job Listings by Category , recent Awards we've won and more. Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your questions to email@example.com .
Primary Location: Dallas
Job: RN/Registered Nurse
Organization: Texas Health Dallas 8200 Walnut Hill Ln. TX 75231
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Standard
Preferred Years Of Experience:2 Year(s)
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :