Research Administrator II - Office of the Vice Provost for Research-18001475
The Office of the Vice Provost for Research (OVPR) Research Administration and Development division seeks to enhance the ability of Tufts University investigators to pursue their research and scholarship goals, providing leadership and expertise in pre- and post-award and supporting other functions that surround applying for and managing sponsored funding. The School of Arts & Sciences offers intensive research environment that allows faculty and students to extend the frontiers of intellectual discovery. Research Administration Office at the School of Arts & Sciences works in partnership with OVPR and the School leadership and ensures hands-on active day-to-day research administration service and support to faculty, staff, and students across departments and institutes.
Responsible for administering portfolio of broad and moderately complex sponsored awards. Utilizing considerable knowledge of research administration environment at Tufts and academic area, works with faculty to develop sponsored proposals and to manage post-award compliance activities. Serves as resource to junior level research administration staff. May assist school management with other assigned program operation functions.
- The following required knowledge and skills as typically acquired by completing Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 3 years of research administration experience.
- Knowledge of funding agencies and their programs.
- Knowledge of regulations that govern federal research funding and related areas of regulatory compliance.
- Demonstrated organizational skills with detail orientation.
- Excellent prioritization skills, strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in collegial, supportive manner with faculty and staff.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple assignments with tight, concurrent deadlines and with frequent interruptions.
- Proficient with MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and internet.
- Proficient with electronic grants management systems (i.e., grants.gov, NIH eRA Commons, NSF Fastlane, ProposalCentral, etc.) and experience with enterprise research administration systems.
- Designation of Certified Research Administrator (CRA), Certified Pre-Award Administrator (CPRA), or Certified Financial Research Administrator (CFRA).
- Experience with Kuali Coeus.
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
Travel between Tufts’ three campuses may be required.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Medford/Somerville
Organization: Office of the Vice Provost
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: Jul 27, 2018, 10:19:04 AM
Share On :