NYU Langone Medical Center
NYU Langone Hospital-Brooklyn is a full-service teaching hospital and Level I trauma center located in Sunset Park, Brooklyn. The hospital is central to a comprehensive network of affiliated ambulatory and outpatient practices, and serves as NYU Langone Health's anchor for healthcare access, growth, and delivery in the entire borough. Learn more about NYU Langone Hospital - Brooklyn.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Supervisor, Respiratory.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing Cardiopulmonary departments including planning, scheduling, organizing, and coordinating activities of Respiratory Therapists, Technicians, and Equipment Assistants. This role manages staff and has budget oversight.
- Continuously assesses and improves departmental performance by determining accountabilities; communicating and enforcing values, implementing and following policies and procedures.
- Oversees Respiratory staff, manages recruitment, selection, orientation, continuing education and training, counseling, disciplinary processes, and communication to employees. Determines staff qualifications and competence.
- Maintains equipment required for Respiratory Care to ensure proper operation, preventive maintenance, and service.
- Develops House Staff and Nursing orientation to Respiratory Care.
- Responsible for department budget and accountable for managing budget modifications.
- Establishes Patient Safety Goals for Respiratory Care. Maintains legal and accreditation compliance by developing policies concerning federal, state, regulations, and JACHO standards and anticipating emerging issues.
- Maintains medical gases, disposable supplies, and any modalities necessary for clinical staff needs.
- Initiates monthly staff scheduling and adjusts assignments as needed to meet the needs of our patient population.
- Maintains & completes all employee license verification and performance evaluations.
- Maintains all records pertaining to DOH, College of American Pathologists, and JACHO regulations for all labs.
- Certificate of graduation from a CoARC accredited Respiratory Therapy program required.
- Bachelors Degree required and Masters Degree preferred.
- Experience with adult, pediatric, and neonatal patients required.
- 10 years of clinical respiratory experience.
- 5 years of supervisory/management experience in Respiratory Therapy required.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact positively and effectively with patients, visitors and physicians.
- NYS Licensed Respiratory Therapist.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist Certification.
- BLS Certification.
- FDNY certificate of fitness G-71.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Hospital-Brooklyn provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Hospital-Brooklyn is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Hospital- Brooklyn's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.
Share On :