Lexington ,VA, US, 24450
Make the most of your clinical skills at an organization that has earned numerous awards for clinical excellence. Based in Roanoke, VA, our community-based health care organization encompasses a comprehensive network of hospitals, primary and specialty physician practices, and other complementary services.
Play an important role with a regional leader that inspires better health through compassionate care, medical education and research, and neighborhood outreach. Realize the advantages of advancing your career with an organization where you can expect supportive leadership, state-of-the-art technological resources, inter-professional teamwork, and innovative learning.
Performs basic and advanced therapeutic, diagnostic and life support respiratory care procedures in general and intensive patient care areas, or home care environment.
Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates patient care in order to achieve optimum patient outcomes for patients of all ages as appropriate to service area.
- Age specific ongoing assessments are completed, documented and used to develop a plan of care.
- Collaborates with members of the health care team/patient/ family to develop, implement, and evaluate an age-specific interdisciplinary plan of care. Revises plan according to changes in patient status.
- Treatments and medications for patients of all ages are accurately administered and documented.
- Patient/family (caregiver) educational needs are identified in a timely manner, incorporated into the plan of care, implemented and documented appropriately.
- Actively participates in performance improvement program by obtaining desired outcomes. Assures personal and professional development through participation in educational activities and completion of annual competency validation.
- Consistently demonstrates the role of patient advocate, protector of patient's rights, and provider of psychological/social/cultural support.
- Applies knowledge of growth and development to appropriately care for patients served.
Determines and performs within clinical, leadership and/or education pathways to support (direct/indirect) evidenced based, quality patient care service and performance improvement.
- Exhibits clinical expertise in rapidly changing circumstances.
- Plans strategies to reduce length of stay, turn around time, resource consumption and improve patient outcomes.
- Functions as role model for clinical practice to coworker, students, and physicians.
- Manages resources, establishes priorities, and modifies environment to meet patient care needs.
- Completes manager/director predetermined projects within specified time frame and according to pre-established guidelines.
- Uses problem-solving methods to facilitate resolution to patient and personnel situations that present in the work area.
- Takes an active role in the orientation of new employees.
- Provides feedback to staff using appropriate communication and documentation.
- Provides input into practice, environment and work issues by participating on unit, hospital and/or organization activities which facilitate staff participation/input in decision making.
- Assists with providing educational activities for the respiratory care department, other hospital departments and the community.
Education: Associate degree and/or certification required from a CoARC (Committee on Accreditation of Respiratory Care Education) approved school of respiratory therapy.
Experience: No experience required. One to three years' experience preferred.
Licensure/Certification: Licensed Respiratory Care Practitioner by the VA State Board of Medicine. Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) by the National Board for Respiratory Care.
Other: Effective interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills required. Must successfully complete orientation and competency validation for position. Be able to acquire BLS within 3 months of employment in this position or as determined by department. Some areas may require ACLS, NRP, PALS certification within one year of employment. Active membership in professional organization (AARC) preferred.
Below are our core values that we strive to embody and expect of all our team members:
CommUNITY: Working in unison to serve our community, our Carilion family and our loved ones.
Courage: Doing what's right for our patients without question.
Commitment: Unwavering in our quest for exceptional quality and service.
Compassion: Putting heart into everything we do.
Curiosity: Fostering creativity and innovation in our pursuit of excellence.
Requisition Number: 24781
Employment Status: Full time
Location: CSJH - Carilion Stonewall Jackson Hospital
Shift Details: 1830-630, Rotating weekends and holidays
Recruiter: DAVID L NIVEN
Recruiter Phone: 540-983-4057
Recruiter Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
As a not-for-profit organization, we pride ourselves on investing in our employees and the communities we serve.
Our employees strive to provide quality care in serving over 1 million residents in Virginia while living and growing their careers in the country's most livable cities and towns.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., Carilion Clinic is a robust system of small and large award-winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :