Who We Are
JPS Health Network is a $950 million, tax-supported health care system in North Texas. Licensed for 578 beds, the network features 75 locations across Fort Worth, with John Peter Smith Hospital --home to Tarrant County's first and only Level 1 Trauma Center, only psychiatric emergency services site, and the largest hospital-based family medical residency program in the nation - and more than 40 community-based clinics. All told, our network employs more than 7,200 people.
Acclaim is our multispecialty medical practice group featuring over 300 providers serving the JPS Health Network. Specialties range from primary care to general surgery and trauma. The Acclaim group formed around a common set of incentives and expectations supporting the operational, financial, and clinical performance
outcomes of the network. Our goal is to provide high quality, compassionate clinical care for every patient, every time.
We're more than a hospital. We're 7,200 of the most dedicated people you could ever meet. Our goal is to make sure the people of our community get the care they need and deserve. As community stewards, we abide by three rules:
1. Own it.Everyone who wears the JPS badge contributes to our journey to excellence.
2. Seek joy.Every day, every shift, we celebrate our patients, smile, and emphasize positivity.
3. Don't be a jerk.Everyone is treated with courtesy and respect. Smiling, laughter, compassion - key components of our everyday experience at JPS.
When working here, you're surrounded by passion, diversity, and dedication. We look forward to meeting you!
Description: The RN - CHC assesses, plans, directs, implements, and assists to provide quality patient care for assigned patients. The RN CHC is responsible for directing patient care for licensed and ancillary staff on his/her team.
- Collaborates with patient to identify treatment plan goals; discharges patients as appropriate with written discharge plan. Encourages family participation as appropriate for age and situation.
- Delivers nursing care to patients including assessment and planning of education directed towards identified knowledge deficits, treatment, pain management and discharge utilizing the nursing process.
- Documents accurately in medical records, on forms, and in the computer entering appropriate orders, patient charges, and or other information, meeting standards, policy, and procedures.
- Guides, educates, and provides leadership as a preceptor for new employees, serves as a resource nurse, and assists clinical employees to gain knowledge about service excellence principles, Joint Commission, CMS, regulatory requirements and clinical documentation.
- Serves as an educational resource for staff on emerging clinical issues. Monitors current literature and appropriate regulatory agencies to determine needs and develops educational resources.
- Delivers quality care by using multi-disciplinary team strategies and minimizing the risk of infection, harm, or injury.
- Maintains accurate detailed reports and records and directs care with regard to age and developmental stage, presenting complaint, and pertinent history.
- Works at maintaining a good rapport and a cooperative working relationship with physicians, departments, staff, patients and visitors.
- Participates in the performance improvement process within the Network, Hospital, and department.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Required Education and Experience:
- Associates Degree or higher in Nursing from an accredited school of professional nursing.
- 6 plus months of experience as a practicing Registered Nurse or 2 plus years of experience as a practicing Licensed Vocational Nurse
- Current licensure by the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas or proof of reciprocity of licensure between the State of Texas and another state. Must be maintained throughout employment.
- Current JPS recognized Basic Life Support (BLS) certification and must be maintained throughout employment.
- Completion of unit specific competency based orientation program within 90 days.
- Bachelors Degree in Nursing from an accredited school of professional nursing.
- 2 plus years of experience as a practicing Registered Nurse.
Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
Required Specialized Training:
Preferred Education and Experience:
1450 8th Avenue
Fort Worth, Texas, 76104
Share On :