Our UCLA Santa Monica Blood Bank is currently seeking a CLS Specialist Supervisor to perform automated and manual testing, coordination of quality control and assurance and proficiency testing activities. You will also coordinate compliance issues including staff competency assessments and identification of training needs as it applies to staff at the Blood Bank. Additionally, you will provide technical expertise and guidance to establish compliance with all of the regulatory guidelines as they apply to the department.
* Current California Clinical Lab Scientist license
* Minimum of four years of recent clinical laboratory experience in a blood bank, with SBB preferred
* Detailed knowledge of processes and procedures used in blood banking
* Working knowledge of blood bank regulations, the AABB Quality Plan, and FDA guidelines
* Ability to compile and present statistics and write concise technical documents
* Working knowledge of test methodologies used in complex antibody identification, and experience with both gel methodology and solid phase testing preferred
* Experience with validations of test methods and LIS tests preferred
* Previous knowledge of SafeTrace Tx® preferred
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Share On :