NYU Langone Medical Center
NYU School of Medicine is one of the nation's top-ranked medical schools. For 175 years, NYU School of Medicine has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history and enrich the lives of countless people. An integral part of NYU Langone Health, the School of Medicine at its core is committed to improving the human condition through medical education, scientific research, and direct patient care. For more information, go to med.nyu.edu, and interact with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Senior Division Administrator.
In this role, the successful candidate Responsible for providing leadership support and overall administrative direction for the academic division (s) across all three missions, including the management of non-physician staff. May involve oversight of multiple divisions and department wide initiatives. In conjunction with the Chair, Department Administrator and leadership of the Medical School and Hospital, develops and implements strategic goals related to management of the division (s), program development and related issues. Develops and coordinates new programs and oversees their management
- GRANT MANAGEMENT AND CLINICAL RESEARCH - Provides oversight and administrative direction for all grant management activity and clinical research compliance within the division (s). Provides administrative support to the Hospital Section Chiefs in the development of clinical research programs. Identifies and helps coordinate appropriate resources needed to address tasks to be performed or data to be gathered.
Oversees the management of funding provided under grants and contracts assigned to the division (s). Oversees compliance with all funding agencies and the IRB by ensuring that information required is maintained and reported on a regular basis. Identifies and analyzes any discrepancies in order to ensure appropriate justifications are provided. Meets on a regular basis with the Offices of Clinical Trials and Grants Administration in order to address any global issues within the division (s).
- FACULTY RECRUITMENT AND SUPPORT - Provides administrative management support to the Chair, Department Administrator and leadership faculty in the recruitment of new faculty. Oversees the administrative services provided to all faculty within the division (s). In conjunction with the Chair/Division Director and Department Administrator, develops and implements strategic plans for the recruitment of faculty in areas targeted for growth jointly with the hospital. Develops a business plan for review and approval by the Chair, Department Administrator and the Hospital and coordinates development of the offer letter. Coordinates with the Hospital regarding resources for recruits, including space and equipment. Oversees the administrative support provided to ensure all practicing/admitting physicians providing care to patients at NYUHC are appropriately credentialed.
Ensures that all necessary paperwork is initiated and completed and guidelines are followed. Functions as a liaison with individual Attendings, as needed, in order to facilitate compliance. Coordinates activity of the Department Appointment and Promotions Committee, and oversees all administrative support for processing recommended faculty appointments and promotions. Notifies clinical faculty of hospital events (i.e., fall frolic/spring fling, mandatory training, etc.) and encourages attendance. Organizes a communication mechanism for MDs and House Staff on the service such as email or fax.
- PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT & DIVISIONAL GOALS - Plans, develops and recommends new programs for the division (s). Establishes annual goals based on the goals of the Chair/Division Director and the overall department and the mission of the institution. Organizes and conducts in-service sessions and implements new programs as required. Proposes and implements programs to generate additional revenue. Schedules and conducts regular meetings with key personnel of Medical School and Hospital Departments to promote the most effective services. Submits long and short termgoals to the Chair/Division Director, Department Administrator and School of Medicine and Hospital leadership on a regular basis. Prepares verbal or written reports periodically to service lines on status of and or changes to Division objectives and initiatives. Works collaboratively and shares necessary tools and resources to accomplish goals in accordance with the Medical Centers mission statement.
- COMPLIANCE AND POLICY DEVELOPMENT - In conjunction with the Chair/Division Director and Department Administrator, oversees the development and implementation of policies and procedures for the Department/Division. Ensures compliance in all areas of responsibility. Assures compliance with regulatory mandates of JCAHO, New York State Department of Health, New York City Department of Health and Rules and Regulations and Bylaws of Medical Staff and corporate compliance officer. Oversees ongoing development and coordination of the Department and Divisions QA/QI process, including coordination with Hospital QA committees and compliance with Hospital QI reviews. Develops and processes changes required in order to comply with new or changing regulations. Develops and approves effective complaint procedures.
Ensures that policy changes are documented thoroughly. Oversees preparation of all externally and internally mandated reports. Communicates new policies and procedures and regulatory changes impacting the department or division with medical and non-medical staff as indicated. Establishes mechanisms/processes that facilitate compliance and assist in reinforcing hospital and school policy changes and regulatory requirements.
- FACILITIES MANAGEMENT - In conjunction with the Chair/Division Director and Department Administrator, oversees the strategic development of space and facilities planning for division (s). Assesses needs against short and long term goals. Serves as Project Manager for all major construction and renovation projects within Division (s). Ensures Divisions interests are honored in any large space reallocation, construction or purchase of capital equipment consistent with the Schools and Hospitals guidelines. Oversees the negotiation of capital equipment and ensures appropriate level of analysis, projections and financial documentation is provided.
- ACADEMIC PROGRAMS - Provides administrative supervision of all aspects of the academic programs within the Division (s) . Oversees the non-medical staff responsible for maintaining the Division (s) residency and/or fellowship program(s). Ensures that the recruitment of residents and/or fellows from the application review through hiring is coordinated and conforms to program, medical school, hospital and ACGME regulations. Oversees documentation of House Staff and/or fellows scheduling and timekeeping to ensure compliance with NYS regulations, RRC requirements and NYUHC budget allocations. Brings discrepancies to the attention of the Residency Director. Analyzes scheduling of House Staff and/or fellows and addresses issues requiring resolution with the Program Director. In conjunction with the Program Director, the Chair and Department Administrator, develops and recommends strategies to address compliance issues. Oversees all coordination of administrative activities with the central House Staff Affairs Office and ensures conformance with governance of education. Coordinates and ensures appropriate preparation for ACGME site surveys and compliance with standards. Oversees the documentation of clinical rotation of medical students in the hospital in order to ensure appropriate crediting of medical school educational requirements.
- MANAGEMENT OF STAFF - Manages the entire non-physician staff within the division (s). Directs and coordinates administrative personnel to assigned tasks and projects. Interviews and hires staff based on objective criteria; explains to employee clearly what his/her responsibilities are and the applicable performance standards. Brings to the employees attention areas of performance needing improvement as soon as they are recognized with a plan and a time frame for correction; identifies areas for growth as well. Implements the Schools disciplinary process in accordance with School of Medicine guidelines. Approaches the performance review process constructively and conducts it in accordance with Human Resources and departmental guidelines and procedures. Continuously encourages the raising of the performance of the staff in order to achieve the best possible outcome. Serves as a mentor to the staff in the performance of their duties. Oversees all staff development and training programs in the Division (s). Promotes an environment conducive to shared learning.
- CLINICAL OPERATIONS AND REVENUE CYCLE MANAGEMENT -Oversee clinical operations and revenue cycle. Manage Front end operations: patient registration, insurance verification, pre-certifications, LOAs, co-pays, co-insurance, and patient balances. Manage Back end operations: analysis of monthly KPI, CPA, and AR reports; oversight of professional fee billing and collections with NYU Langone Central Billing Office & 3rd party billing & collections vendor(s); reviews open encounters. Develop new faculty and programmatic business plans for growth and expansion of programs/services. Develop productivity measurements/compensation models for clinical faculty: wRVUs, surgical cases/procedures or P&L basis as/if appropriate. Negotiate contracts for services to other institutions: affiliations contracts, Professional and Medical Service Agreements, credentialing, regulatory follow-up, backfilling positions through JOC and Vacancy Control Board, justification and explanation of budgets (ex. Bellevue, VAMC, etc). Oversee faculty and mid-level staff credentialing, medical staff privileges, and re-appointment reviews. Participate in departmental Quality Assurance (QA) meetings, submit quarterly deliverables to Senior Leadership. Review and address Patient Satisfaction/Press Ganey results and implement action plans for improvement (80% top box for six of ten domains). Provide oversight of High Reliability Organization (HRO) pilot and implementation. Provide oversight of Zero Harm initiative. With the hospital leadership and staff, continue to reduce preventable readmissions, M&M, and LOS. Ensure metrics for response are followed for Epic inbox messages, appointment requests. Ensure patient complaints are resolved in a timely fashion. Work with hospital colleagues to ensure programs meet all required accreditations. Complete and assure staff and faculty compliance of all required Compliance & Privacy, Regulatory, and FGP trainings. Liaise with the Hospital Leadership for clinical service lines management:
- FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT - Oversees the financial management of division (s). Oversees preparation of all budgets for divisional programs (i.e., school operating, discretionary, affiliation, Tisch funding, endowments, etc.) and Faculty Group Practices. Monitors these budgets regularly and reports on the financial performance of each division throughout year. Prepares variance reports outlining any deviation from the approved budget. Determines changes necessary to address resolution of variances. Prepares FGP analyses consistent with the business plans and/or agreements with the hospital for funding. Ensures that charges have been authorized by each Vice Dean, Vice President or CMO respectively. Oversees the development of business plans for all programs in the division (s), including planning, analysis, marketing, and implementation. Provides administrative support to the Chair. Department Administrator, Attending Physicians and House Staff on developing and monitoring workload and revenue indicators (i.e., discharges, length of stay, denials, outpatient referrals, etc.). Analyzes data and recommendations to the Chair. Develops strategies to ensure optimization of funding and financial support for professional activities. Oversees the preparation of capital and all sources of funding including the operating budgets. Develops strategies for cost containment and maximization of revenues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To qualify you must have a Bachelor's Degree in Business, Health Administration or related field with a minimum of 10-12 years of progressive leadership experience in an academic medical center; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master's Degree preferred. Successful candidate must have a thorough understanding of the management of an academic clinical department/Division including the management of a physician group practice. Prior experience with professional or facility billing preferred. Excellent communication skills are essential to interface effectively with diverse internal and external professional groups and committees
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU School of Medicine provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU School of Medicine is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU School of Medicine's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: <img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=https://nyu.contacthr.com/74474684.jpg /> To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: https://nyu.contacthr.com/74474684
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :