As our Research Finance and Grants Manager, you will function as an integral member of the finance team in overseeing the Clinical and Translational Science Institute's (CTSI) research programs, primarily including the CEAL Stop COVID Award. Yor will work with PI's at UCLA on both the CEAL and Vaccine Campaign to ensure all contracts/payments to CBOs are executed, including both federal and state funding. You will also establish and overseeing work flow between with Fiscal Intermediary and UCLA (CTSI & GIM). Additionally, you will complete any progress report or supplemental funding applications
- Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred
- Demonstrated working knowledge of NIH and other industry sponsored contracts, grants and clinical trials administration
- Skill in performing various accounting transactions such as debiting, crediting, reconciling expenses, preparing transfer of payroll and non-payroll expenses
- Analytical skills to assess personnel and financial information practices and procedures, define problems, formulate logical solutions, develop alternative solutions, make recommendations, and initiate corrective actions.
- Skills in perceiving and defining cause and effect relationships between expenditure rates and budgetary projections.
- Mathematical skills for the preparation of complex calculations and forecasts and to identify and resolve complex financial problems.
- Skill in performing a variety of tasks independently with minimal direction in a timely matter under conditions of fluctuating workloads, competing requirements, and changing deadlines and priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to operate a computer with a Windows 3.1/95 or most recent environment utilizing MS Office to perform word-processing, spreadsheet analysis, and database programming and management.
- General knowledge of University OCGA, including pre and post ward administration preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge and certified completion of courses in University general accounting policies and procedures including transfer of funds (TOF), purchasing (PAC), personnel and payroll (PPP/PTR), and query database (QDB - GL, PPP, and GGIS) strongly preferred
- Ability to utilize web browser for the identification of potential funding sources.
- Skill in organizing and maintaining up to date, accurate bookkeeping records on-line and maintaining alpha-numeric files.
- Certification in University OCGA training program preferred
- Familiarity with the OMB Circular A-21, A-110, and A-133 policies and procedures regarding contract and grant management.
- Familiarity with HSPC/OPRS and Animal Research Regulations.
- Ability to manipulate and utilize existing data within QDB including use of PPP, CGIS & GL.
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :