Sparrow Health System
Positions Location: Ionia, MI
General Purpose of Job:
A Medical Social Worker (MSW) provides social work services to patients on an intermittent basis in their place of residence or at the hospital in accordance with physician orders and plan of care under the direction and Vice President Patient Services. Services are according to the organizations policies, mission, objectives and philosophy.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Associates may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
* Participates in the coordination of patient services, uses community resources and support groups.
* Observes confidentiality and safeguards all patient information.
* Serves as a resource/consultant to employees, patients, physicians and other allied healthcare providers.
* Develops a cooperative relationship and communicates effectively and professionally with community resources and physicians.
* Maintains current knowledge of Medicare Conditions of Participation for social work services.
* Immediately reports any accident, incident, lost articles or unusual occurrence to Vice President of Patient Services.
* Participates in in-services, patient care conferences or continuing education programs.
* Plans/coordinates all social services for patients within the home or hospital.
* Documents all patient/family contact services provided as required by Agency policy.
* Assists physician and other team members in understanding the significant social and emotional factors related to health problems.
* Participates in the development of the plan of care and discharge planning.
Current BLS certification
Minimum of one year social work experience
Master's Degree from an accredited social work program
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Ability to work with diverse staff and patient population.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar:
Share On :