Sparrow Health System
Positions Location: Lansing, MI
The registered Nurse First Assistant provides professional nursing services guided by the Transformational Model for the Professional Practice of Nursing.
- Assesses patient condition and intitiates appropriate nursing and /or medical care in accordance with established guidelines and evidence based practice.
- Develops and updates an individualized plan of care based upon the assessement of the patient in congruence with the medical diagnosis and treatment plan. Collaborates with patient and their available resources.
- Implements purposeful plan of care, reflecting the uniqueness of each patient.
- Interviews patients in pre-operative holding area in collaboration with nursing staff, primary surgeon and anesthesia department, ordering lab work or diagnostic evaluations as indicated.
- Under Physician supervison, can perform other related duties as assigned, within scope of licensure.
- 1. Performs surgical preparatory procedures.
- 2. Assists with patient positioning, skin preparation and draping.
- 3. Provides wound exposure
- 4. Proper handling and cutting of tissue.
- 5. Provides hemostasis.
- 6. Propely uses instruments.
- 7. Suturing
- 8. Cleaning of surgical area and application of dressing.
- Assists PACU nursing staff in post-operative patient care, evaluates patient outcomes and response to care,revising plan as needed. Documents assessment, plan, all care given and patient responses in the patient's record
- Educates patient/family according to assesssed need using mutual participation model.
- Participates in the planning, implementation and evaluation quality improvement activites within department, health system and / or community.
- Performs nursing activities in accordance with Hospital policies and procedures, Michigan Public Health Code and ANA scope and standards of practice.
- Demonstrates knowledge and use of unit-specific equipment and appropriate supplies used in delivery for the highest quality patient care.
Provides a safe enviroment for patient, family and all other caregivers.
|General Requirements||Current Michigan License to practice as a CRNFA BCLS ACLS within 6 months of hire|
|Work Experience||Diversified background in scrubbing circulating and CNOR certification Two or more years of experience with Endovein Harvesting|
|Education||Graduated from an RNFA program accepted by the certification Board of Peri-operative nursing|
|Specialized Knowledge and Skills||Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively and appropriately communicate with patients, families, physicians and other hospital caregivers. Clinical knowledge and critical thinking skills necessary to deliver quality patient care.|
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.JOB REQUIREMENTS: <img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=https://sparrowhealthsystem.contacthr.com/68494408.jpg /> To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: https://sparrowhealthsystem.contacthr.com/68494408
Share On :