Team Lead-Global Public Health & Special Projects
Houston, Texas 77007
The Team Lead for Global Public Health & Special Projects is responsible for ongoing development
and implementation of Chevron’s high profile Global Public Health communicable disease initiatives
including HIV/AIDS, TB and Malaria, and the Peer Health Educator program. This position is
responsible for leveraging Chevron’s corporate and in-country medical resources with national health
agencies and international NGOs to effectively address and remediate Chevron workforce
vulnerabilities to these and other emerging diseases.
Other duties include providing subject matter expertise to Corp Policy, Government and Public Affairs
(PGPA) in the development and execution of health-related and community based corporate
• Establishes and develops relationships with external and internal stakeholders on public and
community health issues.
• Works closely with Corp Policy, Government and Public Affairs (PGPA) in the development and
execution of health-related and community based corporate responsibility projects.
• Provides public health strategy solutions to global business units that consider unique business
and cultural issues in providing innovative processes and programs that support improved public
and community health.
• Consults with operating companies to influence and advance their thinking around public health
and the impact that diseases could have on workforce safety or performance.
• Supports the execution of the global HIV/AIDS communication plan.
• Initiates, tracks and monitors progress of HIV/AIDS policy implementation, and related Global
Public Health programs.
• Represents Chevron on national and international associations, constituencies, boards and at
related conferences in the public health arena.
• Provides overall management and supervision to GPH Program Implementation Coordinator and
the GPH Project Coordinators.
• Creates and approves appropriate public health initiatives and assign staff to teams that address,
explore and improve public health related issues.
• Advises General and Regional Managers of Global Health and Medical Services on key strategic
business plan initiatives related to public health, infectious disease and special projects.
• BS/BA Degree in public health, psychology or related field.
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience developing curriculum, tools and implementation
efforts for Global Public and Community Health programs.
• Ability to engage and inspire all levels of management; strong engagement and relationship
• Experience in building and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills; experience developing high level
internal and external public health communications.
• 2-3 years of experience as a training instructor or facilitator in a global or in a cross-cultural
• Experience acting as a spokesperson/liaison with national and international forums including
NGOs and governmental agencies.
• 3-5 years of supervisory and strategic business planning experience.
• Agility in handling multiple demands amidst shifting priorities; effective decision making.
• International travel is required on occasion. Travel is estimated at 10-15% of the job. Travel is
known well in advance.
• Demonstrated ability to interact respectfully with all levels of the organization.
• MPH Preferred or masters in related field
• 5+ years of supervisory experience
• Experience in strategy development of Global Public and Community Health programs and
Relocation will be provided within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited
Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law
Preferred Years Of Experience:7 Year(s)
Education Required:4 Year Degree - BA,4 Year Degree - BS
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Computer Skills Required:MS Word
Travel:Up to 10% Travel
Date Posted : 06/26/2018
Share On :