Utility Work Technician/Journeyman Electrician
Denver, Colorado 80221-1099
Utility Work Technician/Journeyman Electrician
Northwest Denver Campus
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Requested Start Date for this Position:05/24/2021 - 5 days to go
Campus Location:Northwest Denver Campus
Full-time or Part-time:Full time
Job Summary:Under broad supervision, and self - guided activities provides a variety of maintenance, oversight and installation services to ensure the integrity of the University electrical and life safety systems and the safe use by the campus community. Makes changes and enhancements to these existing systems to promote safety and reduce risk, satisfy regulatory agencies, provide consistent and reliable use of existing facilities and support University growth as directed. Oversee, supervise and work lead up to three individuals consistently, and at certain periods of time more than three, in the electrical, mechanical, fire alarm and emergency technical areas. Assures all emergency and routine work is scheduled and completed. Assists the Superintendent of Utilities/ HVAC/ Plumbing/ and Electrical and the Director of Operations in budgeting and recommending maintenance priorities and procedures in the electrical disciplines. This person will assume the responsibility of the electrical division supervisor in the absence of this individual.
Working at Regis University
As Regis employees, we each have a responsibility to perform our work in alignment with the mission of the University, especially with its Catholic and Jesuit values. All employees are expected to both contribute to and strengthen the university's culture of respect, inclusion and equity for all members of our community.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please submit a resume, cover letter and list of references with your application. Current employees, please submit an application and requested documents by logging into Workday. Click on the Career Worklet and access the internal site.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Assists with the oversight and work leads up to three staff members to include an apprentice level electrical helper and General Mechanics I's and II's. Assists with and performs routine and non-routine maintenance, repairs and installations of University power and lighting systems; which include, but not limited to, main distribution, feeders and conductors, branch circuits and usage devices. This position performs routine and non-routine maintenance, repairs and installation of University life safety and security systems which include: electronic fire and smoke detection systems, monitoring and signaling devices, electronic fire department interfaces, and emergency lighting systems. Performs preventative maintenance procedures on all electro-mechanical systems, components including transformers, switch gear, motors, motor control centers, sub-panels, and branch-circuits, lighting and sound. This position supervises the entire electrical section when the Electrical Supervisor is not available.
2) Assists with providing design support and contractor accountability for new system installation as well as repairs for all electrical/mechanical installations to include but not limited to life safety systems, high voltage distribution, lighting and power, invertors and other UPS systems, lighting control systems, lightening protection and EMS controls. Assists with the assurance that all building as-builds prints are updated or modified when renovation or upgrades occur.
3) Participates in performing routine and non-routine maintenance, planned and well as preventative, repairs, and installations of the constituent parts of the University wide electrical and lighting systems and electrical infrastructure, and low voltage fire alarm and suppression, lighting control and energy management systems. Assists with the minimum use of power utilities and reducing utility waste on campus and the assurance of proper contractor and/or staff management of lighting re-lamps campus-wide to meet energy conservation guidelines.
4) Assists the electrical supervisor with the assurance that the University either gains or maintains compliance with pertinent Federal, State and local regulatory agencies, which include NFPA, NEC, Local Fire Authority, and OSHA. Assists in recording required/pertinent information regarding service or planned maintenance and/or items of importance for the electrical staff including the timely documentation in either work orders or departmental logs of important departments findings, such as risk factors, safe work procedures and preventative maintenance work results and other critical and required information.
5) Complies with all University and departmental safety rules and training activities. Assists with the assurance that electrical staff contractors and other vendors when on campus also complies and participates in all training activities. Operates and utilizes tools, equipment and vehicles in a safe and workman-like manner. Assists in performing snow removal activities as needed. Performs related duties as necessary to support the Regis mission as assigned.
6) Participates in emergency and call back programs to abate facilities problems and emergencies during off hours through the use of communication systems, radio, and emergency cellular phone or pager. This position must supply and maintain a reliable and consistent means for 24 hour contact while they are performing the role as the on - call staff member or during the threat of inclement weather.
Education: High School graduate or GED equivalent and Colorado Journeyman Electrical License are both required for this position. A Colorado Masters Electrical license is preferred along with NICET certifications, previous experience and training in electrical systems, fire alarm and suppression systems and or HVAC maintenance procedures.
Experience: Four (4) years' experience in the electrical construction or maintenance field or related field working at the journeyman level or higher. A broad range of electrical experience is preferred to trouble shoot and solve system related problems. Experience with work consistent with NICET certifications levels 1 and 2 are preferred and the desire and ability to attain these certifications within 1 year of the date hired. It is highly recommended that this person have proven experience with the do's and don'ts of asbestos, strong electrical systems troubleshooting processes, the basic principles of leading work and supervision and performing routine work of other electro-mechanical trades such as plumbing, heating and ventilation in order to provide support to other tradesmen in their daily efforts when called upon.
Will be working in dusty, dirty, wet, cold, hot, and noisy conditions. Must Work outdoors in all weather conditions and temperature extremes
Overtime required and weekend and/or evening work. Vacation time may be restricted during peak periods, particularly April through October.
Will be required to carry and use a hand held 2-way radio while on the job and have the means to be contacted when performing on call duties or before and during inclement weather conditions.
It is an essential requirement of this position to have and maintain a valid Colorado Driver's License as well as maintain insurability through the University funded insurance carrier by maintaining a satisfactory driving record. Any changes in the Incumbent's driving record at any time during his or her employment must be reported immediately to his or her supervisor.
To apply, visit https://regis.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/RegisUniversity/job/Northwest-Denver-Campus/Utility-Work-Technician-Journeyman-Electrician_R001652.
Since 1877, Regis University has been using our Jesuit background to provide an education for men and women of all ages and faiths and is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission: A Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Inspired by St. Ignatius Loyola, the mission of Regis University is to educate men and women of all ages to make a positive impact in a rapidly-changing global society. We encourage our students to seek truth, live purposeful lives, and continually examine and attempt to answer the question: "How ought we to live?" Regis University's Northwest Campus is the main campus and administrative hub, located in Denver, Colorado. Regis University has three additional campuses in Colorado Springs, Colorado, Thornton, Colorado and the Denver Tech Center, as well as distance learning initiatives.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Preferred Years Of Experience:4 Year(s)
Education Required:High School
Date Posted : 07/01/2021
Share On :