Sparrow Health System
Positions Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Provide a wide variety of routine and advanced forms of respiratory therapy procedures for the diagnosis, treatment, and care of patients with respiratory dysfunction.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Associates may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Assess patients' condition and initiate appropriate emergency and non-emergency procedures in accordance with established guidelines. Work with neonatal patients, pediatric patients, adult patients and geriatric patients.
- Administer aerosol medications, support therapy (oxygen, humidification, ventilator), and perform a variety of respiratory treatments and/or diagnostic procedures. Administer care within physician approved therapist driven protocols.
- Initiate, operate, maintain, monitor, and ensure safe patient care practices and operation of various life support devices in all critical care areas. Consult with and make recommendations to medical staff. Member of Code Blue team (CPR).
- Report/document pertinent patient care and status data in accordance with established guidelines. May accept and document physician telephone orders for respiratory therapy procedures.
- Establish an appropriate knowledge of patient electronic medical record and maintain accurate records relating to charges for services rendered.
- Perform routine RT equipment maintenance, cleaning/sterilization, and ensure environmental safety; member of Code Red team.
- Assist in the transportation of critical patients to or from Sparrow Hospital, and assist the physician when performing various surgical or non-surgical respiratory/cardiology procedures.
- Instruct RT students, medical personnel, and patients and families regarding specific respiratory therapy procedures. Maintain current knowledge of RT related issues.
|General Requirements||* Certified Respiratory Therapist: Credentialed by the National Board for Respiratory care. * Licensed by the State of Michigan. * Current BCLS Certification. * ACLS, PALS or NRP - must obtain 1 of these within 1 year of accepting position.|
|Work Experience||* 1 year of hospital work experience as a student or as a licensed therapist * 1 year of critical care experience - preferred|
|Education||* High school diploma or GED. * Graduate from a school that is credentialed by the National Board of Respiratory Care.|
|Specialized Knowledge and Skills||* Demonstrates the ability to work on a team. * Able to demonstrate the knowledge and skill necessary to provide care based on physical, psycho/social, educational, safety and related criteria, appropriate to the age of the patients serviced in his/her assigned service are as related to the principle duties and responsibilities of the position. The skills and knowledge needed to provide such care may be gained through education, training or experience * Be Proficient with EMR.|
$3,000 Sign-on bonus available with acceptance of a Full Time Night Shift (7p-7a) position.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.JOB REQUIREMENTS: <img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=https://sparrowhealthsystem.contacthr.com/79722743.jpg /> To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: https://sparrowhealthsystem.contacthr.com/79722743
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :